Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Boogers.

The other day, I noticed something on the wall in the upstairs hallway. It was brownish and smeared like a finger dipped in paint. "is that blood?!" I asked myself, wondering who had killed what recently? And why was there evidence smeared on the wall? What is this, Murder, She Wrote?

Detective Brad said "I think I've seen this before, look in here..." and led me to Calen's room, and pointed to his bed. There, on the wall, above his headboard, was the most gruesome crime scene I had ever seen:

genocide
It was enough dried on booger smears to make my eyes twitch and dinner to start coming back up. I stared at Calen mouth agape.

Who smears boogers on the wall??

Why would you think smearing is even almost okay?
How long have those been there and I haven't even noticed??? Because that's seriously like a years worth of boogers on that wall. 

So we had an impromptu family meeting about boogers and if you have one, put it on a Kleenex, for the love of God, and put the Kleenex in the trash. Immediately. And those that smear boogers on the wall must live outside in the trees with orangutans. 

I'm not quite sure there is anything more disgusting on this planet than a human boy. 

The amazing thing is, I discussed this with my next door neighbor at the bus stop the next morning. She said her daughter did the same thing at the same age!! What is this phenomenon?! Where did it come from? And why? Whyyy.

So, if you have children from the ages of 4-5, check the walls around their bed. There may be boogers. Lots of them. In various shapes and colors. Take all necessary precautions.

This has been a Public Service Announcement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment