Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Day 35: Party Like You're 34

Today is my birthday!!

Not that birthdays are super exciting when you are turning 34. You can no longer say that you are in your early 30's, your metabolism is starting to enter catastrophic failure, and everyone goes "wow" when you tell them how old you are turning. 

Like, what does "wow" mean? 

My birthday this year was pretty great, even though I had to work this morning for a couple hours. It just so happened that my cousin (aka my "twin", who I grew up with inseparably and is 10 days younger than me) and his family are in the middle of their own military move from Alaska to Texas, and took a slight detour to Petaluma to be able to spend today with us. What a fantastic birthday wish!

Calen and cousin Nate playing cars

Me and my "twin"! He's being a turd


We spent the entire day together just hanging out at the house, visiting while the kids enjoyed playing with the race car track, building Legos and watching movies while Brad barbecued hamburgers for us. 

After they left, I celebrated with a freezer burnt single slice of cheesecake from my work. Because that's what 34 is. 16 is a new car, 18 is the freedom of adulthood, 21 you drink (legally), 25 your insurance goes down, and 34 is freezer burnt cheesecake from a convenience store. 

Good thing I'm easy to please. 

Just a super awesome day though, all jokes aside. So thankful. 




No comments:

Post a Comment