Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Day 91: Dinner Is Served

We are finally, finally using up the last of the blackberry jam that Cam and I picked and made a couple weeks ago. Good thing too, because with no preservatives I wasn't sure how long it would last. 

I needed a good way to use a lot of it at once, so I started Pinteresting ideas (I mean, how else do people get ideas for anything nowadays?) and got a great and simple idea for dinner. 

Behold: Blackberry and Jalapeno Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. 

Say that five times fast. 

The concept is simple. It's a grill cheese sandwich with swiss cheese on one bread, blackberry jam on the other bread, jalapenos and bacon in the middle. Grill until melty. Eat. 

These little marvels are delicious, although, I think I would prefer a provolone or smokey cheese to add a little salty sharpness to it. The swiss was kind of blah. 

That's really all I have to report tonight. It wasn't that thrilling of a day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment