Tuesday, September 14, 2021

It’s Fall Y’All

It’s September, and you know what that means in this house. Pumpkins! Pumpkin spice candles! Pumpkin bread! Apple butter! And finally being able to tap into my Fall Pinterest craft ideas.

The best part of homeschooling is incorporating what I want. I declared an art lesson today, even though they aren’t technically enrolled in any art electives. 

Who cares, I’m the principal, I do what I want. 

And fall art projects are my second favorite. Christmas is always number 1. Obviously.

Today we made fall trees using sharpies for the trunk, and a multitude of fall colored crayons for the leaves. Calen mentioned “I haven’t used crayons in like, two years!” Which is true, but it shows they’re still good to keep around. For emergency uses, like Pinterest.

Calen is my artist and of course took to it (and any art lesson) well. Camden is a reluctant artist, however once started he gets into it, and he always does more than the requirement. For this one, he decided to add a “camping tent and campfire” underneath one of his trees. 

I hope they never outgrow crafts. Until like age 40.




No comments:

Post a Comment