Thursday, August 16, 2012

Jaws On The Beach

This is late tonight. And let me tell you why.

Cape May city offers FREE movies on the beach every Thursday night in August. Which means you bring a beach chair or blanket, plop your butt in the sand, and watch a movie out in the open with the ocean right next to you. And you know what they were playing tonight?

JAWS.

What better movie could have they picked to play on a beach in a beach town? We live in our own little Amity Island here, basically. So when I heard that I could watch Jaws will sitting 100 feet away from open ocean, I was like "Where are my flip flops let's DO THIS".

My new neighbor friend and I went kid-free. And it was awesome. Definitely the most awesome way to watch Jaws, ever. 

Jaws on the beach! Except you can't see the beach. But it's there! To the right.
And the best part was as the credits rolled the Mayor of Cape May got on the microphone and announced "and for your information the beaches WILL be open tomorrow...." 

Good one Mayor, good one. 

"We're going to need a bigger boat." And also, a better camera phone.
And also: please forgive the absolute horrifying BAD quality of these photos. I forgot my camera and had to use my worthless camera phone. Boo. But proves I was there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment