Monday, June 30, 2014

365 Days in SD, Day 19: New friends, Old friends, and dinosaurs

This morning I was getting ready to take a shower in an attempt to ignore an entire bowl of Frosted Flakes DUST (you know, the remains of the bottom of the cereal box?) all over my living room carpet (thanks Camden), when I got a text from a friend basically saying "my kids are bouncing off the walls and I can't stand it, want to go to the playground in 20 minutes?"

Screw the shower, I can get clean another day. Maybe. Let's get the hell out of here! (and continue to ignore the Frosted Flakes on the carpet)

So that's how we spent the morning, at the playground with new friends (no pictures, I didn't even think to bring my camera). 

Immediately after getting back, our old Cape May friends came to visit and spend the day. It's as if living in a time capsule, because Calen remembers Aiden (who he hasn't seen in over a year and is now almost 3) as a one year old in Cape May, and continues to call him "Baby Aiden" even though he's well past the baby stage. However, he does have another Aiden friend who's 7 so maybe that's his way of identifying them. I just hope he doesn't continue to call him that five years from now, because he might end up getting punched in the face. 

After hours and hours and hours of playing in the pool and the trampoline, all three kids collapsed in the living room and watched a movie, and played dinosaurs together. 


Also I did end up taking a shower (you're welcome) and I did end up vacuuming up the Frosted Flakes (you're still welcome). 

No comments:

Post a Comment