Wednesday, June 26, 2013

An Inside Outside Day

It was super muggy and the boys and I were pretty low energy no thanks to a head cold that was brought home, so we stayed inside for the day. But staying inside for the day, on a 90 degree beautiful summer day, doesn't actually mean staying inside the entire day. 

I have outside kids, what can I say. And, the Seattleite in me says "HELLO it's SUNNY it is required BY LAW to go outside at least once today."

Last night, I took Calen's Big Boots guys and threw them in two separate tupperware containers full of water, then put them in the freezer overnight. It created two big blocks of ice, with Big Boots guys "trapped" inside. 


This morning, I put the blocks on the back patio, and gave each of the boys a hammer (and positioned them 3 feet apart to protect from creating a violent and bloody hammer fight) and told them to "rescue" the guys. 






We did this last year (with an Iron Man guy) and it was fun and all, but this year it was a bigger hit. And the dogs loved being able to eat chunk after chunk after chunk of ice. 

Snack time for Chance and Juno
Later in the day during naptime, Calen and I went out in the back, filled up water balloons, placed them on the T-ball tee, and had him swing at them. While his accuracy isn't perfect so none of them exploded on contact, he did knock the tee down which made the balloon burst on the ground. It was fun for like 10 minutes and then he asked to go inside. I think he's the last of us to catch this cold. 

 
His face is amazing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment