Sunday, June 2, 2013

At the Yard Sale

I couldn't blog last night because my laptop suddenly decided it was unnecessary to turn on, and Brad had to completely reinstall Windows. Neat. In related news, I have an iPad now (to play with while certain laptops are being broken a-holes) and though I probably couldn't live without the wretched Windows in my daily life, I am completely in love with Apple's stability and fluidity and otherwise awesome awesomeness. 

Anyways. 

Yesterday was our annual base-wide yard sale. Because you know the entire neighborhood moves at the same time (summer) each year and they have entire housefulls of shit to get rid of before the big move happens. And then there's the rest of us that aren't moving but we still have housefulls of shit. So we yardsale too. 

My neighbor and I were outside setting up, selling, buying, and tearing down from 6:30am until 2:30pm. It was busy and we got rid of tons of stuff, clearing up some much needed space in the shed. And made a little money in the process. And of course went shopping throughout the neighborhood and got some pretty rad stuff for a few quarters or a dollar or two. Like a tv with built in dvd player for Calen's room. And a ton of Disney store toys (like Toy Story's "Jessie" and two small Buzz Lightyear toys, a Car's plush "Mater", two "Stitches" from Lilo and Stitch, etc), a baseball mitt, bedrails for Camden's bed, a cool painting and some other randoms. And a pretty incredible sunburn. On the extra crispy side. Crispy enough that I couldn't wear a tank top outside today because the rays of the sun gave my chest and shoulders and audible "sizzle" sound. Yikes.

And no one asked to buy my family vehicle like they did last year. Although as we were tearing down and putting free stuff on the curb some lady pulled over and had the nerve to YELL at me for ending the yard sale before she could make it there. At 2:30 in the afternoon. I was quite dumbfounded since all the stuff on the curb was FREE. Why exactly are you whining about free stuff? Typical Jersey.

The unexpected big find of the day was Lightning McQueen slippers for my shoe-obsessed Camden. Who when realizing that they were HIS shoes squealed with joy and didn't take them off for the rest of the night. At bedtime, he wouldn't let me put the covers over them. So I left him, laying in bed, with his feet sticking straight up as he stared at his new prized possession. And he slept with them on too.


No comments:

Post a Comment