Wednesday, October 9, 2013

DIY Halloween Glow Lanterns

Um you guys, it was Fall today. Like FALL fall, with wind and cold and jackets, hello? And it even rained. Cold rain. Not blistering hot lava summer rain.

THIS guy wore a hat AND a vest today. 


 
So because it was rainy and windy and cold we did another Halloween craft today. I say "we" but it was mostly me and Calen. Camden doesn't have time for such worthless nonsense as craft time. 

I took some glass jars (two pickle jars and three old baby food jars I had saved from Cam. Cleaned out....obviously). Then, I mixed paint with Elmer's glue and painted the inside of the jars. I'm really not sure what the glue is for. But Pinterest told me to, and I always do what Pinterest tells me to. 

Once it dried, I had Calen put foam Halloween stickers all over the jar, mostly black since it gives a silhouette effect. Then, toss an electric flickering tea light candle thing inside, and it glows all neat and Halloweenie like. 

Done, done and done. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment