Friday, December 13, 2013

Countless Christmas Activity Blog Post #617

Are you tired of my Christmas craft/activity blogs yet? You should be. But honestly, it's basically all we do from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Day. What can I say, we are BIG Christmas people around here. 

Yesterday Calen and I made snowflakes. He had never made them before so it was a good lesson in scissors and folding for him, and I actually had more fun than I should cutting up snowflakes. I think this weekend we're going to make those Star Wars snowflakes I see floating around the internet. After all what could possibly be more festive than angry Chewbacca-face snowflakes dangling from our ceiling? Umm...nothing, that's what. 


Today Calen had his very first school Christmas concert. It was a nearly hour and a half program, for grades Pre-K through 2nd, but the Pre-K class sang one song. One. The other grades only sang two songs. That's it! I really wish that the classes were allowed to sing at least one more song each. Especially since Brad took the afternoon off work to watch Calen sing one two minute song. Calen even mentioned to me that he wished he could have sang "lots of songs".

The one song that Calen's class sang WAS very cute and I enjoyed every brief moment of it. 




Tonight I made ninjabread cookies but our plans with friends were canceled so they're in a tupperware waiting for tomorrow. But that didn't stop Fred from pulling one out and decorating it....

I had to do something extravagant since yesterday I forgot to move the little sonofabitch. This morning Calen comes downstairs and asks "where's Fred today?" of course I had to snatch the thing up while Calen was still searching and toss him in the bowl of oranges...at least he "moved" right?

 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment