Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Case of the Ridiculous Pajama Saga

We've spent the past three days making treats of one kind or another. Because holiday calories don't, obviously. 

So the kids helped me make Chex Mix and Rice Krispie treats and a second batch of reindeer bites, and in between that they made their own graham cracker gingerbread houses which of course fell apart but isn't the point of these little houses were to eat them

Making Chex mix together
 
Cam ate all the candy off his house and then picked up the roof and ate it. Who needs a stupid put-together house anyways.

And now, on to the Footed Pajama Saga. 

We pulled out the Christmas pajamas Thanksgiving night. Some new, some from last year. I happened to put a pair of snowman footie pajamas on Camden. Calen goes "WOW those are the coolest jammies! I wish I had jammies like that." I assumed he meant adorable blue pajamas with snowmen and presents all over them. So I began my search. I checked every store, every website, scouring literally the entire globe searching for snowman pajamas. But by God if I just couldn't find any this year in big boy sizes. Not a single pair. 

It actually seems that in general, the world has a shortage of holiday pajamas of any kind this year. Which is completely inexcusable and absurd, because a couple years ago you had dozens of brands and styles of holiday pajamas to choose from! What's the deal this year?? The Grinch stole them all? The sweat factories are all "bah-humbug"? Either way, my wallet is fatter but my kids pajama drawer is far less festive than it should be. Shame on you, world. Shame on you.

I put the idea of snowman pajamas aside for a while, but then every time this month that Cam has worn them, Calen makes sure I know how much he wishes he had a pair. I spent the better part of this month searching, but no such luck. Is it such a hard thing to ask of this world for? One single pair of snowman pajamas? It's not like I'm asking for a cure to the common cold or an ever lasting lightbulb or something. Pajamas. Snowmen. Preferably not pink. Small favors people.

Finally, something clicked in my head, and I ventured to ask Calen if it was snowman pajamas he was desperate for, or the fact that those pajamas were footed. To which Calen clarified that it was footie pajamas that he so desperately wanted.

Well now that's something we can work with!


Generally I don't bother buying Calen footie pajamas. They don't fit him right. His torso is ginormous and his legs are nonexistent and his feet are the size of cargo ships. They don't manufacture footie pajamas to fit Hansen boys. But, since it was something he really, really wanted, I'd let Santa Claus bring him a pair. 

Just when I thought we were done Christmas shopping.

Luckily, we Santa happened to find a pair of super soft footie pajamas at Costco in Calen's "size". He probably will only be able to wear them for a month before his ogre feet burst through the fabric, but it will at least make him super happy on Christmas morning. 

That's all that matters anyways, right?  

The apparent hot ticket item for this holiday season. Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment