Monday, September 1, 2014

It's the Last Day of Summer Vacation!

I'll be honest, I'm almost sad about our carefree summer days coming to an end. Not caring when we roll out of bed (I say "we" but I mean "I", since my kids wake up at 6am. I feed them breakfast and then snooze for a couple hours while they play) No set bedtimes as we are often out late doing fun activities. Living on the beach and at the zoo. Ahh, I will miss it. But then the kids will start fighting and not sharing and asking me ten thousand ridiculous questions and it's all I can do to not shout "When on earth are you going to SCHOOL?!" Okay, I'm ready for school tomorrow. 

I had big plans about today. After all, it's Calen's last day before Kindergarten. I thought we would get up early and go to a restaurant for a big breakfast. Then I decided that was stupid since the kids get up before any restaurant would ever open and demand food immediately. So I made them oatmeal and told them to deal with it. Sign me up for parent of the year awards. 

I also forgot that I had to pack not only a lunch but a snack for Calen tomorrow, and conveniently we decided to run out of groceries on Labor Day, aka "Don't Go To Any Store Ever EVER Day". So after an hour grocery trip to get bologna and juice boxes, we drove straight to In N Out to treat ourselves with an animal style burger (for me) and a strawberry milkshake (for them). I decided to park on the street to be an asshole to through traffic to give the kids more room to ride their scooters and bikes in our front driveway area. Also we had fun with sidewalk chalk. I couldn't resist this Pinterest idea. 

My BABY!!! Waaaah
After lunch we went to the beach, because is there any better thing to do on the last day of summer? Unfortunately every military family in San Diego had the same plans so there wasn't a ton of room to play on the sand today, but we made do. Also because of the storms last week the amount of seaweed or whatever that crap is was abhorrent, but it would clear out every once in a while and we would jump in for a quick swim before it returned (well Calen and I could. Camden still has a deep seeded fear of the ocean). 



It's been such a fun summer. One for the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment