Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The First Day of Kindergarten

I don't know how it happened. Ten minutes ago Calen was this big:



And now he's THIS big?! 



Nope, definitely not. Someone took my adorable, squishy little baby boy while I was sleeping, and replaced him with an equally adorable but enormous big kid. 

I blame aliens.

First day of school photo dump. (actually I took these photos last week. Who wants to deal with a photo shoot on the first day of school?? Let's be reasonable.






Also, I got to meet Calen's teacher today and see his classroom. The teacher is very nice. The classroom is reasonable. It's just, a big class. There are 27 kids and only one teacher and NO aids. I'm concerned, to say the least, that if Calen has any issues with anything, he won't get the attention he needs or deserves. Of course we are coming from an elementary school in Cape May where his class last year consisted of 11. With 2 aids. It's so different here. I miss our small town. 

At his seat in his classroom!
Calen of course loved school as he always does. Camden was absolutely crushed that we had to leave Calen at school without him. It's been a long summer and they've been inseparable. So I took Cam to the science center in Balboa Park. It was busy but a lot of fun, and special for Cam that he got to do something without his brother. And speaking of, when Calen isn't around, Cam is a whole other person. He was actually sharing and even bigger taking turns with other kids at the science center. Willingly. Like it was his own idea. A parent commented on how good he was at sharing and taking turns. I looked at her like she had mashed potatoes up her nose. She clearly doesn't know Camden. But it was so nice to get a compliment about him instead of the usual "how old is he? Oh THAT makes sense." comments I get about him. 




No comments:

Post a Comment