Saturday, November 4, 2023

Day 303: Decking The Halls and Short People Jobs

 Cam had the early morning game today, which is good, because it left the entire day to do other things. Important things. Like, decorating Christmas trees. 

Yes, it's that most cherished day when the Christmas tree is chopped down from it's hanging place in the garage rafters, put in it's designated corner, and ceremoniously plugged in (because it's prelit, of course). 

For the last couple of years I've relented my OCD tendencies with the tree (well, relented by about 80%) and (after putting up my five or six favorite ornaments in very specific places), have let the kids have at it, decorating the tree on their own while I may or may not come from behind them and rearrange and "fix" various holes, while Brad sat on his chair and
 supervised. 



This year, since Calen is officially 5'7" (last we measured), I had him do a lot of the higher parts of the tree, announcing that it was a "tall person job" and for once, not needing to bring out the step stool. 




Camden, clearly offended at his being NOT tall, asked if there were any "short person jobs" for him to do. 

As a matter of fact, yes there are. 

So, Cam was in charge crawling under the tree and fixing the tree skirt, and then climbing out to the corner where none of us can reach and filling the back of the tree with ornaments. He was delighted, and I'm glad I could conjure up a short person's job. 



I know I'm biased, but I really, really love my tree. 


But does your tree have a Disney monorail going around it??

Of course to celebrate we had to have hot chocolate, put on their new Christmas robes and watch Polar Express!




No comments:

Post a Comment