Saturday, February 27, 2016

Day 4: Picking Dandelions in the Outfield

I'm tired and cranky and not in the mood to blog so I'll keep it short. Just a little tidbit from today.

Camden had a much better tball practice today than Wednesday. Not like he was suddenly Sportscenter's Player of the Week or anything, but he threw no more not so intense tantrums on the field and dare I say even took turns reasonably

At one point, he was ready in the infield for the ball, but happened to look down and saw a completely irresistible dandelion in the grass. I heard him across the field shout:

"Oh! A flower!" Snatched it out of the grass and announced "I have to go give this to my mom!!" And started running off the field towards me, flower in hand. 

The coaches were patient but convinced him to stay on the field and deny me my flower until after practice. 

Daddy's lesson of "always give your mother flowers" must have truly stuck in the four year old's heart. Can't help but love it. 

-----------

Calen had practice today too. And look how brave he was, actually volunteering (and excited to try) to be catcher. ("Coach! I can be catcher today! See? I have a cup on" -- proceeds to punch his junk with his fist --- while I bury my face in my cell phone hoping no one will notice he's my kid). He took to it quickly and didn't back out of those machine pitches flying right at him. He even caught one in the chest, and laughed afterwards, saying "It's a good thing I have all this armor on!" I was so proud of him!

I can't even tolerate how cute a six year old in catcher's gear is




No comments:

Post a Comment