Sunday, February 28, 2016

Day 5 - Salvaging Sunday

What are we supposed to do with our Sundays now that football is over?! 

Not put on real pants until 3pm, that's what.

Actually, I didn't feel so hot today, so we kept it low key. I gave the kids two new monster trucks and a box of sidewalk chalk for no good reason other than "yay, it's Sunday!" and that somehow kept them busy for a good hour or two outside on the patio while I very importantly sat on my sofa, played Fallout 4 and tried to move as little as possible. 


Calen is (most likely) bossing Camden on how this race is going to start



But who am I kidding, I'm a mover and a shaker and can't handle wasting an entire family day. So later this afternoon we walked over to the little lake we have here on base and went fishing. The boys love the idea of fishing but not the fact that a fish won't clamp on to your hook the moment you cast into the water. So it's a good lesson in patience for them I guess. And a good lesson in patience for Brad and I, who had to constantly put down our rods to untangle the kids from their lines, fix their reels, re-teach them how to cast, and explain to them for the 300th time that complaining will certainly not cause the fish the leap out of the water and flop around at their feet.

And no, we didn't catch anything this time.  

And yet somehow, they still continue to ask us to go fishing every week or so.


Calen had been asking for me to buy ingredients for them to make homemade pizza and I finally remembered to buy them on Friday. So the kids got to make a pizza for dinner. Between the cheapo $1.65 pizza crust, equally cheap and gross pizza sauce, and overboard amounts of Mexican shredded cheese (because that's what we had), the pizza was...completely disgusting marginal at best. But the kids thought it was amazing so I just sit back and congratulate them on their "delicious" pizza and eat a salad for dinner instead. 

Maybe that's what I need to do to eat healthier. Have the kids make their own pizza every night. Then I would eat salad every day and they would happy and my scale would be happy. 

Maybe I should just order pizza. 

Please note: I had to draw a LINE in the sauce down the middle of the pizza so that the kids each had their own half and couldn't cross the line. Thus preventing fights over pepperoni. 





No comments:

Post a Comment