Monday, March 11, 2019

Day 30: The Blue Park Aquarium

The boys were absolutely still buzzing about the aquarium when they woke up this morning. 

The best thing though, was Calen and his little plushy sea otter. He decided it was a baby, and the starfish that it came with was it's "bottle". He asked me this morning if we could find a little bed for it, so I used a little crate that we used to keep bottlecaps in. Then, as he's leaving for school, he asks very sweetly "Mom? Can you keep an eye on "Kit" (the otter) for me? Maybe you could feed him from his starfish bottle every hour or so?". 

I mean, come on. The kid is 3 weeks away from turning 10, and he's still asking (genuinely) for me to take care of his stuffed animals for him. HOW can anyone say no. 

So Kit the otter hung out with me in the kitchen while I cleaned, and the living room while I folded clothes today. And every time I looked at it, I smiled at my young-at-heart, sweet boy. 




The boys had a half day at school today, so when they came home at noon and had lunch, they collected all their aquatic stuffed animals (which is quite a few actually, and includes a few sharks, the otter, a sting ray, a tiny octopus and Hank the giant octopus from Finding Dory) and took off outside, saying they were going to play "aquarium" with the neighbor kids. Great, I say!

A while later, Calen came inside asking for scotch tape. I didn't know why, or what you possibly need scotch tape for when you're playing with stuffed animals outside, but I was on a very long phone call with Disney, so I just basically said "whatever" and thrust the tape at him to get him out of my space. 

Shortly after, I receive a text from a neighbor that lives by the "Blue Park" (the playground that's closest to our house, that is mostly blue and so is called Blue Park by the kids) saying that my boys have quite an operation going on. They apparently transformed the entirety of Blue Park to an aquarium, complete with wildlife exhibits and signage. 





They apparently had "tours" and a lot of visitors, kids and adults alike, run soley by Calen, Camden and their neighbor friend Heidi. 

And they didn't even charge admission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment