Saturday, October 7, 2023

Day 274: The End of the Adventure...Until Chapter 1

 It was the end of a big year long adventure for us today. 

After a year of reading all seven Harry Potter books, and spending the last week and a half watching all eight Harry Potter movies, we finally sat down and watched the last movie tonight: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2. 



Camden worded it perfectly tonight. "I hate it when I finish a book or movie series. It's like the end of the adventure for the characters and it makes me sad."

And then we went to talk about how I (in particular) like to watch anything except the finale of a series. Like the Hunger Games - I rarely watch the last movie compared to the first three, because then, in my head, there still a little bit of adventure left. 

I'm just glad they enjoyed the series as much as I did. Far, far more than I expected to enjoy it. That's it, I'm a total and dedicated Potterhead. And proud of it!

In related news, for dinner tonight I wanted to make something extremely British to honor the occassion. I love Shepard's Pie, but I didn't have pie crust. But I did have potatoes that were on their way to growing their own mini potatoes, so I baked them and made little mini Shepard Pie potatoes. 

I'm kind of delighted on how they turned out. 



And now, we just might have to go back to Chapter 1 of the Sorcerer's Stone, and start the adventure over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment