Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's National Pancakes are Awesome Day!

And now for an extremely important ALL POINTS BULLETIN: It's National Pancake Day! 

I know you couldn't possibly continue your life without knowing that priceless little bit of information. And, according to extremely reliable pancake investigators, if you go to IHOP today (February 28th), even YOU can get free pancakes!


Well nothing excites me more than FREE, especially when combined with the word PANCAKES. So I planned to join some friends for a sophisticated dinner tonight of pancakes with a side of pancakes. But then the husband reminded me that the nearest IHOP was like 40 miles away. Which, in this ridiculous part of the world, involves paying tolls. And feeding our gas-sucking SUV. Plus did I mention we're driving up the way tomorrow also? I did the math, and it would cost us like $15 to drive up to IHOP (and back) and get a free $4 plate of pancakes.


Yeah, nothing is free in this world is it? 


And because we just paid $1500 on plane tickets to go back to the motherland (i.e. Washington, not Russia), we decided to be totally lame and not enjoy a pancake meal with our friends tonight. It's so stupid being responsible.

I stalled Brad when he got home today before he got out of uniform to get this picture. It also gave me a good excuse to hand off teething Camden the MOMENT he walked the door. Inspiration from Pinterest (how do you not spend 8 hours a day cruising Pinterest??). It's cropped but unedited...I'm not sure where to go from here to make it look not ridiculous cheap stupid. I might try again tomorrow. But I really like the idea. 


 
Some day when the boys are grown (whether Brad is still active duty or not), they will admire all the things their father did while he was enlisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment