Friday, February 24, 2012

RE:Introduction

This isn't really a new blog, but it is. Once upon a time I blogged our East Coast adventures on another Website, but I didn't update very often. I'd like to blame it on something important like an ongoing illness, being too busy getting my college degree or an infestation of jaguars in my house, but the cold hard truth is that I was lazy and I didn't have much motivation to sit down and write every day.

But the other truth is that I really enjoy blogging and I feel the need to paste my life all over the blogging world. So I started a new one (more like a continuance of the old one) on a new website (I appreciate the layout of this one better), and what I would like to do is post every day, even if it's just a picture and one sentence. Because I can take a lot of pictures, but not necessarily write a lot of words. See, I'm brilliant and just full of ideas.

This blog is called Shipwrecked, because no thanks to the Coast Guard we are "shipwrecked" on this side of the country until June 2014, i.e. Forever. A long time ago when I worked for a division of Verizon, we had an entire hour conference meeting about why our division's new name is SO WONDERFUL. This isn't that kind of meeting. In fact the only reason I'm mentioning it is because it's basically what this blog is about. Being shipwrecked in a strange place called New Jersey, and being forced to sew clothes out of leaves, explore new scary places, encounter strange natives and eat weird food items with NO HOPE OF RESCUE. Okay all is true except for the first one. I don't know how to sew.

Though I'm sure all of the six people that will actually read this blog are family members, I'll introduce you to the cast of this new reality show.

ME (i.e. the mom, the wife, and the annoying person that always has a camera)




 BRAD (i.e. the daddy, the husband, the Coastie that got us here in the first place but I love him anyways)

 


CALEN (i.e. the toddler (in every sense of the word), the big brother, the sweetheart, the character, the happy-no-matter-what fun loving little guy.)

  

CAMDEN (i.e. the baby, the little brother, the silly monkey, the one-that-gets-into-everything, the little monster, the quirky always-laughing peanut.)



CHANCE AND JUNO (i.e. the dogs, the turds, the infatuations of the kids, the obnoxious-but-love-them-anyways pooches.



JERSEY (i.e. the new addition, the 2nd floor queen, the food-obsessed-Jenny-Craig-hating cat.[picture to come soon]




No comments:

Post a Comment