Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday (and Grey Thursday?)

Isn't it weird that Black Friday actually started on Thursday? Like really early Thursday? Isn't half the fun waking up at 11pm to go stand in line and drink hot pumpkin spice coffee to stay awake, then when the doors open at midnight, shop till you drop (literally) at 4am?

Well honestly, as weird and a little unnecessary as it seemed, it was pretty cool to start at 8pm and get two stores punched out before 11:30pm last night. By the time we got home and all the new presents put away it was 12:15am. Honestly I've never woken up the morning after a Black Friday I participated in where I actually felt well rested. 

My friend and I stood in line at Toys R Us for three hours (because we can) to be the first group into the store at 8pm. And we ate hot turkey sandwiches out of leftovers. And I think we were on the news singing "I'm a Toys R Us Kid." And we scored. Big time. BIG TIME. And thankfully the store had planned well and even though the checkout line wrapped around the store and we were at the back of it, we only waited for maybe half an hour. Well done. By the time we were out it was 9pm and Target was just opening so we went in there as well and scored also. 

Here's this year's Black Friday loot. Zoom in on that baby.

Yes, I am saving some of this for next year. Some.
Today marks the official holiday season which MEANS Brad did this all day (and probably all day tomorrow):


It's the most wonderful time of year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment