Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Go Big Or Go Home

So first of all Happy Thanksgiving Eve holla! Also known as happy 'trash your kitchen making mashed potatoes and PIE day!' Yeah, I was busy. So was my Kitchenaid. She earned her keep today.

PIE.
 Thanksgiving also means ONE more day before it's socially acceptable to put up all your Christmas lights!! 

Shh. Don't tell anyone. I already have my lights and (most) of my decorations up inside. 

Brad and I are Christmas people. We are also "Go Big Or Go Home" people. One lousy strand of lights just isn't going to do

We had to replace some of our strands so I sent Brad out to Home Depot last night to get one (ONE!!!!!) box of lights. And he came home with this:

    
Those are deer, by the way. Big deer. We used to have two but they've since died horrible deaths.

THEN, today Brad and Calen went back to Home Depot to exchange one (non-Christmas) thing. And came home with this

  
It's a bad picture. Because it's all crammed in the shed. But let me describe to you what's in that pile. 

- huge pathway lights shaped like tree lights
- 2 spiral trees
- more boxes of lights
- like 500 extension cables
- 8 thousand clips

He apologized. I told him it just gives me leverage when I come home with an absolute nutso amount of things after Black Friday. He said that was fair. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment