Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Patriotic Painting

It stopped raining for like, five minutes today. So we ran to the beach. It was actually a perfect time to go because the tide was slowly coming in, and there were calm tide pools the kids loved to play in.


Then after dinner, we decided to do a couple little 4th of July crafts. One I saw on Pinterest, and one I thought up (though I'm sure I'm not the first to do it). 

The first (the Pinterest project) was simple. Take blue and red poster paint, and squirt in overlapping circles on paper (I used paper plates because it's what we had). Then, take a Q-tip, start from the middle, and go outward in a curve in single lines. Pretty soon you have awesome looking fireworks. 

My fireworks
Calen's fireworks

Outdoor paint studio. Camden was already done painting at this point
For the next project we made flags. The boys (well I helped Cam) painted red stripes on paper, and then we painted their hands blue and put them in the upper corners of the flags. They turned out super cute. I might even put them in some sort of vintage frame next year. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment