Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Day 42: There's a Coughing In My Belly

Cam had to go to the doctor today for a persistent cough that he's had for almost three weeks. 

Those that know Cam, know he talks quite a bit, but usually doesn't talk a lot when his brother is around. Mostly because his brother never shuts up and he can't get a word in. That's the curse about being the little brother. You never get to be Player 1 and you never get to speak your mind. Well this doctor's appointment was while Calen was still at school. 

So Cam goes marching into the doctor's office and announces loudly:


"Hi! I have a bad cough. Do you...do you think you could make my cough all better? It's in my belly. HEY want to see my belly it's COLORFUL." (and proceeds to lift up his shirt to reveal a color wheel of scribbles around his belly button that he had made at school) "Hey, don't give me bad medicine. Okay, OKAY?! My mom has bad medicine at home. The doctor's not going to give me bad pokeys is she? NO bad pokeys. Okay?!"

Then we are taken into the exam room and the doctor comes in and he starts his non stop sentence all over again. 

"Hey! I have a WEALLY bad coughing in my belly. Hey want to see my belly?? It's so colorful. Hey what's that is it going to hurt? Hey!! We have that thermometer at home! I don't have a fever. Am I sick? I have a cough but I don't want bad yucky medicine."

Remember that part in the movie Elf where Buddy is at the doctor and he won't stop asking ridiculous questions? It really reminded me of that. 

After the exam Cam announced "Mom! I'm not coughing! She made me all better!" for that moment, until he coughed 3 minutes later and said "Hey, you need to make me better again" to the doctor. 

Then the entire drive home he talked about his friends at school and having a pet tyrannosaurus rex and how it would eat his friends at school if he brought it to show and tell. 

I didn't know this kid could talk so much. 


"See doc my belly is so colorful"

No comments:

Post a Comment