Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Day 49: Taco Tuesday

Brad finally turned the corner on this chest virus and though I'm still headlong into it, my overactive brain was completely over laying on the couch all day and night, so we decided to be almost productive today. 

Now that our waves of visitors have passed we are starting to go back to having Calen pick a meal for us for dinner once a week or so and help him learn how to prepare it. This week he wanted to do tacos on Tuesday (because...obviously). Since I'm already in town once a day to pick Cam up from school and it's completely unfeasible to wait until Calen comes home, drive all the way to town to shop for ingredients and come all the way back, I asked him this morning to make me a shopping list of what he thought we needed to make tacos. 

He was pretty accurate and I can't get over how cute 1st grade handwriting is. 



So I took the list with me and Cam and I went grocery shopping after school. 

FIRST of all let's take a moment to appreciate how cute he looked this morning before he messed up his hair and spilled chocolate milk on his new shirt:



This worked out great because it involved Cam in the cooking event as well. He helped me pick out the ingredients by riding on the front of the cart and telling everyone around us to "move please we're bulldozing through here!". 

I can't take him anywhere. (at least he said please?)

Calen (and Cam) made most of the meal under my direction. They browned the beef together and added the seasoning while I chopped up the veggies (no Calen chopping this time...I wasn't in the mood for a potential ER visit) and Cam put the bowls of toppings on the table. 



We also kind of sort of went "out" as a family today, since it was uber windy out we thought it would be a great time to pull out our rad-ass kites we got at Costco last year. Of course by the time we rebuild the kites and get out to the field below our house, the constant wind turned into random gusts and the kites only flew maybe 40% of the time. 

The face of victory. For 30 seconds
 Oh well. Consider untangling ourselves from kite strings quality family time. 

Next time we'll take those stupid kites to the beach. On the bluffs. Maybe on the edge of those cliffs. If those suckers don't fly there I'll just toss them over the edge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment