Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Day 218: When Shots Gives You Lemons, Torch The Place

The kids had a rough day today. 

I had to pull them out of school to get Cam's 5 year vaccinations (**this is a public service announcement. Vaccinate your children. The end**) and a flu shot for both kids. Which of course I didn't tell them until the last possible second when the nurse came in with a tray full of syringes and Calen's all "What's THAT for?!" and I'm like damn, now I HAVE to tell you. 

Once that misery was over, I forced them to get haircuts. Because nothing says "hey, sorry you had to wait around in a doctor's office to get stabbed" like "now you have to sit still in a chair while some stranger moves your head and buzzes super close to your ears". 

I'm 0-2 on parenting today. 

However, we made up for things by stomping around Target and the Spirit of Halloween store, trying on masks and weapons and getting the crap scared out of us by this stupid animatronic spider that jumped at us when we stepped on a pressure plate. 

Spirit is lucky I didn't come back with a flamethrower and torch the entire building. 

Who is who??


We didn't end up buying anything but a Lunchable, because that was the original bargaining tool for the doctor's visit anyways. 

Cheap date, my kids are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment