Friday, June 8, 2018

Day 2: The Swim Test

We didn't have enough fun at the pool yesterday, so we decided to head back to the pool today. It's relatively hot (for Northern California), it's within walking distance, and not even two days into summer vacation, I was hearing that eye bulging two-word phrase "I'm BORED" and something had to give. 

As I'm sitting outside the pool chatting with another mom, a friend pops her head out and says "Hey, Camden is taking the swim test!"

Camden?! My tiny little cannonball that revels in the phrase "I CAN'T DO IT!!!" and would rather sink to the bottom than actually TRY?

Granted, he knows how to swim. But compared to Calen, who is basically half human, half shark, and passed the swim test at barely 6 (which is swimming one length of the pool without stopping or touching, then treading water for 30 seconds), Cam might as well be an anchor. 

So, of course I jumped up to watch, expecting the lifeguards to have to tear off their jackets Baywatch Style and jump in and save him and leave me embarrassed for the rest of my life. But, much to my amazement, Cam swam the entire length, treaded water, and passed the test. 

Camden returned to the lifeguard with a humongous shit eating grin to receive his prize: the coveted wrist band that allows him into the deep end with the slide. 

Good job, Bam.

The face that comes with VICTORY



No comments:

Post a Comment