Friday, June 8, 2018

Day 4: Can I Keep Him?!

Here I was, minding my own business, folding laundry and watching some stupid series on Netflix while the kids are playing outside, when Camden comes BLASTING through the back door and running full speed through the house with his hands cupped together. 

"MOM!!!!! CAN I KEEP HIM?!?!"

Of course that raises the eyebrows into suspicion. What species is "him" that you are bringing into my house? Is it a bug, or a bird, or an alien?

"Mom can I PLEASE KEEP HIM I'll name him Green Ninja and I'll keep him in a jar and I'll FEED HIM BUGS!!!"

And he opens his dirty little hands to reveal a small, green tree frog. 



"Camden, you can't keep a frog in the house."

"But MOOOOM I'll feed him BUGS!! And he'll be my pet!"

"Cam he's not going to survive in the house."

"But you're giving Calen a puppy."

Well shit, I can't really argue with that. Except for the fact that it's an effing frog.

"Let's take it to the lake, and give him a HUGE house!"

After many tears over not being able to keep it, Cam reluctantly stuffed Green Ninja into a mason jar and we took the slow walk down the hill to the lake and released him in a nice spot under a tree, far from any geese or turtles or whatever the hell else eats frogs. I had finally perked Cam back up into a good mood, when we reach the house and Calen asks what the jar was for. I told him it was for a frog Camden found that we released.

"Yeah, he was going to be MY PET. I can't believe I can't keep a frog and you get a PUPPY, Calen."

Burn.




No comments:

Post a Comment