Monday, August 6, 2018

Day 56: Booby Trapping Grandpa's House

This morning we said our goodbyes to the west side of Washington State and headed over the mountains to visit my mom and grandparents. My grandmother has been declining rapidly with Alzheimer's, and we wanted to make sure we made it up to visit before she gets any worse, and to provide some much needed puppy and kid therapy. 

Thus, we spent the day at my grandparent's house (with my mom visiting also), watching the puppy leap and bound all over the house (my grandfather was absolutely in love). Rebel didn't disappoint to entertain, and stole shoes throughout the day, purposefully knocked over his water bowl to play and ate my grandpa's shoe lace in half (while it was still on his foot). 

Grandpa Hank and his new favorite buddy Rebel
The boys entertained themselves upstairs in the loft mostly, and made a "booby trap" with Rebel's leash, some toilet paper rolls and some pillows. The idea, I think, was to walk through the leash and half the toilet paper rolls hit you in the face. I found this innocent mischief extremely clever. 



They also got to go to the grocery store with Grandma With Glasses (my mom) and pick out a new Hot Wheels car. 

Can we talk about how grateful I am that they are still little enough to be thrilled with new 99 cent Hot Wheel cars?


They got to pick one new Hot Wheels car. Decisions, decisions

Later, my mom taught the boys how to make rootbeer floats. For some reason neither of the kids were really into it, which translates to me that they aren't actually my kids and were face swapped by aliens.




That was basically all to report. It was a quiet day but fun visiting more family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment