Monday, April 8, 2019

Day 53: In A Pancake Far Far Away

Today we had pancakes for dinner, because it was supposed to be a Thursday Night dinner at the neighborhood snack shack (i.e. eating hot dogs and sour patch kids for dinner at Calen's baseball game), but the game was cancelled due to rain and pancakes are the next best thing. 

We are all done eating, except for Camden, who is still staked out at the table working on his FOURTH pancake, when he suddenly shouts across the room:

"HEY! Come see my PANCAKE. It looks like the Millennium Falcon!!"

And so I got up from my seat, and came to inspect this supposed exact replica of a Star Wars freighter ship that he was so excited about. 

Camden's exact replica of the Millennium Falcon

I have never had an eye for abstract art, but this does not look like the Millennium Falcon. It doesn't really look like anything to me except a blob of a pancake. But Cam was really excited, and looking up at me with hopeful eyes that I too, see what he sees. So I did what every good parent does: I popped my eyes big, threw my hands up and lied. "WOW, it DOES look JUST like it!!"

And he grinned, and he ate his Millenium Falcon pancake, and that was the end of it. 

Pick your pancakes. I mean your battles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment