Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Not-So-Happy Halloween

Everywhere else in the world little kids are getting dressed up in their cute (or scary) costumes and gleefully getting ready to trick or treat around their neighborhoods and collect as much candy as possible. 

Everyone except for every kid in the state of New Jersey. 

Including my kids. 

Halloween has officially been "postponed" in the state due to the devastation from Hurricane Sandy. Which I can understand because we made it through the storm without flooding by about 15 feet...the skin of our teeth. 

But it's a drag. Halloween is here, and I love Halloween. They're saying that maybe kids can trick or treat on the 5th of November, on Monday. I'm pretty sure my kids will not wait a whole other week after countless days of me saying "soon" when Calen asks WHEN can we dress up and trick or treat and get candy. Monday to him is basically the equivalent of six years from now. 

Monday is not official. There are conflicting reports of possibly this Saturday, which is much more doable. 

We especially couldn't celebrate today because we had to spend the day packing up the car, driving back to our somehow-saved little town, unpack the car, and put everything back in it's place. 

That didn't stop us from doing a little bit of Halloweenie stuff today. My friend Kim and I carved pumpkins and I'm currently watching original Frankenstein. Happy Halloween. Until whenever fake Halloween is. 

Disclaimer: Not to sound totally ungrateful for coming home to a dry house! I am very thankful. I just feel bad for my kids. 

The pirate pumpkin I made for Calen
Cookie Monster pumpkin
      

No comments:

Post a Comment