Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Kangaroo In A Puddle

First of all, Calen had his big boy Preschool Orientation today. We got to check out his school and meet his teachers and fellow little classmates. Luckily I know a handful of of the kids (Coastie brats like Calen) so there were a few slightly familiar faces. Not that it mattered to my social butterfly who will be friends with everyone and anyone. The only thing that Calen disliked about his new school was going home. I think he's going to like it. 

We got home just in time for a torrential rainstorm. I can see that fall and winter are going to be tough seasons for us because Calen kept begging to go outside and swim, play soccer, etc. I told him it was raining. He responded by saying "I go outside and splash in puddles with my boots?!" 

This kid would go outside if a volcano was erupting and molten balls of fire were dropping out of the sky.

Well I guess there's no point of a rain jacket if we don't use it, so I threw it on him (his rain boots are too small at this point) and took him outside, where he gleefully spent the next half hour running and jumping into this large puddle in the parking lot in his bare feet (at one point I convinced him to at least wear sandals).

Well, he IS a Washington boy after all. Rain is a part of daily life. 

Yeah. If you were one of the 192 cars that drove by and slowed down to stare at the crazy person under the umbrella watching her kid run back and forth barefoot in the parking lot, that was me. 

 
He announced to me at one point as he was jumping over and over "I'm a kangaroo in a puddle!" and by the time we brought him inside he was soaked head to toe, but he got his outdoor time and I got some pretty cute pictures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment