Friday, September 7, 2012

The Things You Say

We started the morning right by my three year old throwing around some f-bombs before I could even get the milk in his cereal.

"Mommy, I watch fucky?"

"WHAT?!"

"I watch pirate and fucky the boat?"

"You mean Bucky the boat?"

"Yeah. Fucky."

He means Jake and the Neverland Pirates. And the boat's name is Bucky. BUCKY. With a "B".

Later this morning, he proceeded to announce to all the occupants of Kmart that he loved Fucky and that there was a Fucky toy over in the aisle. While I'm whispering loud enough for them to hear "Bucky Calen. BUCKY." 

Then this afternoon he announced to Brad as he was going up the stairs:

"HEY, Daddy come here. I want to talk to you."

'I want to talk to you'? Did he really just say that?

"What is so important, Calen?"

"I watch Pirates and Jake and Fucky today."

In which Brad slowly turns his head wide eyed at me. And instead of giving him an answer, I just shrugged and walked away. Sometime it's more fun to not explain the situation and bake their noodle a little. 

I did explain it to him later during dinner. 

Also, Calen is forbidden to watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates until he can pronounce BUCKY with a very obvious "B" 

....okay, I'm not that mean. But the first call I get from his outraged preschool teacher means another round of speech therapy.  

today at the playground
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment