Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Boys Will Be Boys

So the boys and I went to pick up Grandma at the airport yesterday. We got there slightly early so we wandered around the baggage claim waiting for the plane to arrive. It was fairly empty at fist so I was letting the boys run around like wild animals to use up their energy before the long drive home. 

But then a plane (not my mom's plane) came in so the baggage claim area filled up pretty quickly. So I picked up Cam much to his devastation so that I wouldn't have to try to find him through a crowd of people. Cam, thoroughly displeased with my decision to pick him up, decided to throw an ungodly public display of rage by screaming, throwing his hat, kicking his legs and arching and twisting his back in a noble effort to squeeze himself out of my grips. 

While I was busy with the mutant, snarling ogre in my arms, I had taken my eyes off Calen for a second. Just for a second. 

I glanced down to make sure he was still there, only to find my son turned around, bent forward, pants down around his knees showing his bare ass to the world and announcing, loudly: "Look see my BUTT?! It's my butt!! Hahahahahaha. Butt."

Number one, how do kids know that butts are "funny"? This is not a learned trait. Second of all, What possessed him at THAT moment to show 300 complete strangers his bare bottom is beyond my brain expanses. But imagine what a spectacle I was having one screaming, thrashing kid with snot running down his face and another standing next to me mooning all of Philadelphia Airport. I'm pretty sure TSA was moments away from arresting us for being a terrorist threat. 

I did manage to find a third extended arm at that specific moment to reach down and somehow yank his pants up. Then I decided that we were moving to the other side of the airport and prayed no one followed me. 

Looks innocent, doesn't he? (holding up his apple school project).
  

No comments:

Post a Comment