Wednesday, September 19, 2012

His First Pair Of Chucks

I love Converse shoes. 

Who doesn't?

Actually, I don't like them for me. They seem to run narrow and my feet are never comfortable in them. Maybe I need insoles in them or something. But I love how they look. And in the end that's all that matters. 

Oh the things we do for fashion.

I've wanted to get little baby Chucks since Calen was conceived. Like I found out I was pregnant and the first thing I thought was "YESSS I can buy little baby Converse shoes!"

Okay maybe that's not the first thing I thought about. 

But they're (usually) outrageously expensive for a little rubber sole and some canvas. So I've been reeeeeeeeeally good and in the last 3.5 years of having little boys and have not bought a single pair of them no matter how badly I wanted to.

Until now. 

I went into Target. Which was my first mistake. 

How is it I can go into Target to get one thing and end up with 25 items in the shopping cart before I even leave the dollar seasonal section right by the entrance?? Target sucks out my frugal soul. 

I went into Target specifically for shoes for Cam. I had bought him little canvas shoes (not Converse) a couple weeks ago but I swear to God the kid has two different sized feet, because one fit but the other I literally could not cram his fat foot into no matter how hard I shoved. Not to mention the kid's favorite pastime is pulling off/kicking off/finding any way possible to remove shoes from his feet so I needed a pair that I could weld to his skin were more challenging to get off. 

And there, in the kid's shoe aisle, were the most adorable little Converse slip on shoes you ever did see. And they were only $19.99 as opposed to $19291.99+taxes and your firstborn child that they usually charge. 

Cam's first pair of Chucks

 Now how could I say no?

So finally, finally, I bought Camden's first pair of Chucks. 

Today was the inaugural Wearing of the Chucks day. They fit great and best of all: Cam is incapable of removing them. Even in the car where he will do NOTHING until he manages to rip them off. But not these. Ha! You get what you pay for.   

He likes to stomp in them. I like that he keeps them on.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment