Thursday, September 13, 2012

Southpaw Circles

Well I'm sick again with a sinus infection (because I haven't been sick enough this week) so we're keeping things short and sweet.

Calen brought home a little work paper from school today that had a bunch of dotted circles that he was supposed to trace. 

Yeah right. He's three and his favorite way of drawing or coloring is scribbling as hard and as fast as he can. Lines don't exist in his little world. 

P.S. He's left-handed. So I can't just sit down and show him how to hold a crayon and draw. When I try to color left-handed I look like an orangutan with severe brain damage and a broken hand. 

However, once I actually looked at the paper I was shocked to discover that he had traced the dotted lines pretty darn well (for being three). 

He probably had a teacher hold his hand while drawing.

So to prove the theory I gave him a crayon and asked him to draw a circle (one of the dotted circles wasn't drawn on yet). 

And he grabbed the crayon with his little left hand and very carefully traced the circle near-perfectly. 

I'm officially impressed.

P.S: Calen then tried to color in the circles and did his classic scribble hurricane. There's the Calen I know and love.

Yeah I know it's hard to see. But click on it and it'll get bigger.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment