Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cardboard Box Magic

I ordered four things online from two different places. They weren't enormous things so when UPS came today I was shocked to open the door and see a freaking skycraper of three huge cardboard boxes blocking the doorway.

Really Toys R Us? You couldn't condense Woody and Buzz Lightyear into one box?


Since these were Christmas presents I told Brad to distract the kids while I took the toys upstairs. And what better way to distract them with than cardboard boxes? Instantly they were cars, castles, airplanes and houses. 


I shouldn't have even ordered toys. I should have just ordered boxes. 

So after dinner tonight Calen and I cut up, colored and taped together two of the boxes to make a super awesome space ship. Which provided the entertainment for the rest of the evening (and probably all day tomorrow too).


Why can't adults appreciate cardboard boxes as much as kids do? Instead of buying a thousand dollar couch I could just throw a pillow in an appliance box and sit in it when I watch reruns of Cops. 

And best of all all I need is a steak knife and a box of crayons to customize it however I please. 

Calen in his space ship "shooting" space aliens (Camden)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment