Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Day 321: Get To Work On That Ark

It won't stop raining, you guys. 

Not just raining. Biblical, sheeting sideways hurt your face then build an ark monsoon rain. 

I'm from Seattle and I think this is bullshit.

I somehow have lucked out and my 4Runner is actually a Transformer (Autobot, obviously), and transformed from mid-size SUV to pontoon boat during the rainy season. I managed to get from base to the kids' school (a whopping mile away) without having to take on swells or drop crab pots from my trunk. When I arrived and stopped in the office to sign in to volunteer in the library (because nothing says flash flood like checking out something that absolutely cannot get wet), I hear the office ladies and the principal saying that the nearby roads are flooding and school was going to close a full hour early. 


Works for me, I'm already there. 

Once we donned dive gear and scuba'd our way back to the house, the kids were gleefully given unlimited access to video games (Disney Infinity: Star Wars) for the rest of the night. After all, what are they going to do, play outside?!

I better get to work on that ark. 

Disclaimer: No, I'm not stupid enough to drive my car through standing water. Even if it is an Autobot. 

Not my car. But that's what it would look like if it transformed into a pontoon boat (pic taken from the local news)





No comments:

Post a Comment