Friday, February 15, 2019

Day 6 - St Valentine's Day

It's the official holiday of romance! Love and mush and all that yucky stuff. 

Look at these little hotthrobs
I don't dislike Valentines' Day, but it's never been my favorite either. Brad and I consider our anniversary far more important (when it comes to a love and mush holiday), and neither of us were feeling super well today anyways. But, every holiday is fun with kids, even boys who think love is totally and completely disgusting

This morning before school the boys got to "open" a little hand made love note from Mom, and some new books (because love is reading? Or something. In honesty, I thought I had some little Hot Wheels cars floating around in a closet to give them a little treat, but didn't, and instead found new books so I called it good. Fake it till you make it, you guys).



We also found a completely ridiculous Valentines filter on my camera phone. 


I mean what is this even. 

At school they had their little class parties, and after school we did a little craft and made animals out of heart-shaped construction paper (thanks Pinterest!) that turned out SUPER cute. 


Calen made a dog and a fox!

Camden made a panda

The boys also helped me make homemade meatballs for a fancy spaghetti and meatball dinner, followed by family night movie night: Lady and the Tramp. Because nothing says love like cocker spaniels and spaghetti.






As far as totally gross mushy holidays go, we had a great one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment