Sunday, February 17, 2019

Day 8 - Moustrap Is Rigged

You know what board game should be amazing by concept but is totally stupid? Mousetrap. 

Yes, this so called classic has been fooling us into thinking it's this innovative masterpiece since 1980-whatever. And since I had never actually played it in my youth, I thought scoring it for cheap on Black Friday this past year was going to be a great addition to our game night library. 

In my head, I envisioned it where you actually design and devise your own mousetraps. You know like a build your own marble tower chain reaction type game where you try to catch a mouse with different pieces. I didn't realize that your fellow players are the mice, the trap is premade with no alternate designs and your only hope is to land on certain tiles that will trap the mouse. 

Stupid. 

Oh well, the boys found it amusing for half an hour or so, so I guess that's a win for us, all the while I'm mumbling under my breath at how much better it could be with some freelance pieces and a "draw a piece" card deck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment