Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Dear Calen: Juice Couches and Astronauts

Dear Calen:

I like how you talk. Speech has never been your strength (and we're still working on that), but your improvements are vast. I like your little sweet voice. I like how you whisper when you ask for something you don't think I'll allow. I like this little stutter that's started in the last couple weeks, it's terribly cute. 

I like your little words and phrases for things most. It's taken a long time to decipher half of it, but once I do, it's like being in some kind of secret club. Where you have to speak in code via the language of Calenisms. 

I love that you call restaurants "astronauts". I also love that you call juice pouches (like Capri Suns) "Juice Couches". And macaroni and cheese "Pepperoni and cheese" (which really confused me for a long time by the way, when you would ask for "lots of pepperonis" on your mac and cheese.

Keep being cute, buddy C.

(today in the lawn when it decided to be sunny)





No comments:

Post a Comment