Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Back Patio

We had a going away party today for some good friends. Which also happened to be Cinco De Mayo which we played in by putting Mexican food on the menu and drinking margaritas. It was kind of a unique party because it was in two different houses/yards that were two doors apart, but our big community yard connected us so the kids could run wild.

Oh and I did a really quick and awesome Pinterest project today in the back yard. 

Yesterday I had gotten the idea of stringing up a large strand of white Christmas lights inside our canopy thing that is over our deck. Some kind of outdoor lighting for this summer. But I wasn't satisfied, so I dug around on Pinterest to see what else I might do. And I found a pretty awesome idea that was disturbingly easy and cheap. 

1. String a strand of lights loosely across the canopy (this was my one original idea). 

2. Go to the Dollar store

3. Buy like 55 ping pong balls at the Dollar Store (they come in packs of eight for a dollar)

4. Cut a small slit in each ball, and shove it into the light bulbs in the loose strand

5. Plug it in. 

It's pretty rad I must say. I like it. I look forward to nights when it's actually warm enough to enjoy it. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment