Thursday, May 23, 2013

Turtle Power

One of my very first memories is when I was five, as a kindergartner. Every day I went to AM Kindergarten, then rode the bus home, where my dad made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Like the classic, 90s pizza eating tubular original series. Michaelangelo was always my favorite. He was funny. I liked orange.

And like his mother before him, Calen has manifested a mild obsession with Ninja Turtles. Especially since they've completely re-released the series into an even more awesome (if that was possible) cartoon, and it's HUGE in the kid world. Especially my kid's world.

Donatello is his favorite. 

And hello? That new show is awesome. And funny. And I may or may not sit and watch it with the boys and enjoy myself. 

Shhhh. That's a secret. 

And slowly our house is filling up with the things I remember being surrounded with as a child. TMNT action figures. dress up bandanas/weapons. T-shirts and pajamas. Stuffed animals. Bedsheets. Underwear.

Awesome. 

And also, thank God it isn't that satanic yellow bastard Spongebob. 

Calen sleeping with Donatello on his Ninja Turtle bedsheets. And he has Ninja Turtle underwear on too.


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment