Thursday, May 9, 2013

Grand Opening of Hansen-Duran Water Park

Oh.Em.Gee you guys. It hit 70 degrees today. 

This should not be that exciting in May. This should be standard. It should be standard in say, April. But this neverending absurd Mid-Atlantic winter has not given us any nice days yet. At all. 

Until today, when it hit 70. 

I kind of had an out of body experience. I felt like I was in Seattle. 70 degrees?! QUICK!! Get the swimsuits on! Fill up the pools! Sunscreen! Flip flops! Sprinkler! STAT! Before it goes away!!!

So that's what we did. My neighbor and I finally finally could pull the new pool(s), sprinkler water toys etc out of their packagings and let the kids christen them during the very first afternoon of our dual-lawn Hansen-Duran Water Park. 

There were two pools (big for the big kids, small wading pool for the littles), a toddler splash pad pool, and a sprinkler. And three hoses. And various buckets, squirt guns and water toys.

We should sell admission tickets. 

All seven kids from three of the five households in our townhome were outside in swim suits, elated that it was FINALLY warm enough to have a pool day. 

And by warm enough I mean barely. It was nice and warm out, when you were dry. But by the end of maybe a two hour playdate in the water, all the kids lips were blue and their teeth were chattering. 

Don't worry kids, it'll get warmer. 

I hope. 

Pool party!
Calen was SO happy
Cold, tired and hungry, drying off. This was after I said "look at the camera and smile!" HA.

 



      

No comments:

Post a Comment