Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Good Son

I think Camden has brought Calen to the dark side of naughtyness. 

Where Cam is naturally my trouble maker, who likes to break things on purpose, scream when slightly annoyed, and is very much a mischievous boy that enjoys openly defying the rules. And he does so in such a cute furry monster way that you can't help but smile and laugh at him.

Calen on the other hand is a sweet loving boy that will do whatever it takes to please you. Usually. And he obeys and listens and is very happy go lucky. Usually. 

Lately, Camden has gotten to Calen. I think he sneaks into Calen's room at night while he's sleeping and whispers tips in his ears on how to be as big of a turd the next day as possible. 

Usually it's the normal ridiculous boy/brother stuff. Not sharing trains. Not sharing anything. Whining, throwing fits whatever. Today, it hit a new high. 

I spent the entire afternoon searching for my credit card and military ID. I knew I had last put them in my jeans pocket. I checked the jeans no less than 300 times. And then tore the entire house apart. I knew they were in the house somewhere. 

Until bedtime, when I by chance asked Calen if he had seen my "money". He said "noooo...." with a little squeak of a smile. 

....oh REALLY. Two can play this game. 

So I asked him, very nonchalantly, if he thought he knew where it might have ended up. 

And then the truth came out. With a sad little lip and eyes down, he mumbled "Under my bed....."

And there they were. Happily hiding under the bed. Of all things to steal out of my room? We had toys hidden in there. So I asked, in the nicest human way possible, "What possessed you to steal my credit card?"

Quiet response: "I just....I just wanted to pay stuff with money."

.....

Now how do you argue with that logic. 

Trouble 1
            
Trouble 2. Don't let his innocence fool you.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment