Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Last Day of School

Today was Calen's last day of his first year of school. At the end of his first day of school, I tossed a couple goodies in his carseat when I picked him up (a small Lego set and a rubber snake -- boys!). You know, a This Is the First Day Of The Rest Of Your Life gift. 

Actually, sometimes I need a good excuse to spoil the kids, so I justify it by labeling it. Or something. Isn't that how they market Valentines Day anyways? I'm on to them. 

Anyways, I decided he should get a little something today for it being the last day of school. Brad called it the "Here's Something To Do All Summer" gift. So Calen came home from school and sitting on his chair at the dining table was a brand new big boy 2-wheel scooter (to replace his kiddy 3 wheel one, and to prevent him from continuing to steal his neighbor buddies' scooters) and a giant Ninja Turtle stuffy. 

He spent the rest of the day on that scooter and is currently sleeping with Donatello. 

One year down, 14 to go! Next year is ALL DAY Pre-K at the elementary school, holy hell. 



No comments:

Post a Comment