Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Day 271: Thanksgiving Break?

The kids are on Thanksgiving break. 

You heard me. Thanksgiving break. So instead of them getting Thanksgiving and Friday off, they get the whole damn week. For Thanksgiving?!

No wonder they start school in August and still don't get done until June. 

Longest drawn out school year ever. 

I decided that the world needs less chaos from the news and social media and more Christmas decorations. So the kids and I went to the "hot dog store" (Calen's lifelong name for Costco) and had a cheap lunch and battled the 15,000 other people getting their entire Thanksgiving dinner shopping done, so that we could pick up two pre-lit garlands for our living room. 

Priorities, people. 

I also decided that waiting until past Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas wasn't going to happen this year. So it's Christmas in this house. 

And I like it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment