Monday, February 20, 2017

Day 364: Movie With The Muggles

Today was the second Monday in a row that the kids had a holiday off from school.

Who makes up all these holidays? Do they have kids? Did they think about all the extra work us parents have to do on said holidays to keep their kids busy? Especially if you're a parent during the rainy season in Northern California? Stop it with the holidays!

So it rained, again, and we were stuck inside, again. 

I fully intended on raiding my Pinterest board of "random shit to do with the boys on rainy days" (not actually called that) to find a project to do, but instead I slept in, let the kids eat cold leftover pancakes, and tooled around on my iPad in the morning instead while the kids argued over a single Lego car. 

"Hey guys, you know that big huge bin of Lego instructions in the middle of your room?"

"What bin? The blue one? Yeah, what about it?"

"Why don't you pull out a set of instructions and build something. Like a second car. You know, that's what that bin of instructions is for."

"Oh, it IS?! COOL!"

.....

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one around here that is actually aware of the purpose of my surroundings. 

And while we were upstairs, I decided it was time to teach Cam how to make his bed. This is very much a do as I say and not as I do life lesson, because the kids are required to have their beds made, but I probably make my own bed maybe once a month. 

What can I say, I have shit to do. 



We did salvage the afternoon. Over the course of the the last year, Brad has slowly been reading Harry Potter (full unabridged, illustrated copies) to the boys each night. They finished Sorcerer's Stone a couple months ago and are about halfway through the Chamber of Secrets. So, today we rented the first Harry Potter movie (Sorcerer's Stone) on Amazon Prime and watched it as a family with a bowl of popcorn. 

I'm going to admit: I've never seen a single Harry Potter movie before. In fact, I only just started reading the books a few months ago. I'm currently on the 3rd book (Prisoner of Azkaban) and am loving the series. Better to be late on the train than to never get on.

At dinner, we had a fun conversation over the movie versus the book (Calen noticed a lot of parts from the book were cut out) and how we are a Muggle family and we all came to the agreement that there are definitely wizards living at Disney World to explain all the magic that happens there. 

Not a bad day with us muggles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment