Friday, September 1, 2023

Day 238: Family Reunions on the Alpine Coaster

 Sometimes you just happen to be at the right place at the right time. 

Although most of my family still lives in Washington, few of them live on this side of the mountains, thus making it almost impossible to be able to see them (since we don't in fact have a car on this trip). It is what it is, and we do the best we can. 

I had posted on Facebook that we were in Leavenworth the other day, and one of my favorite cousins in the world texted me and said "umm hello?? We are in Leavenworth RIGHT NOW."

How could we not plan a reunion? 

So after something like eight years, we met up for dinner tonight. And the best part? Their youngest Logan is 13, right smack in between my two. Back in the early days of ages 5 and 6, Calen and Logan were the best of buddies. It was so great to see them together again, like no time had passed. 





Dinner wasn't enough time for us, so we walked across town to the brand new Alpine Coaster, which we have wanted to go on since we got here! I went on it once to say I did, and then us adults waited why the kids went on it a second time. 

Now THIS is an adventure




I mean, how fun is that!




We had so much fun, we are spending the entire day together tomorrow. I mean after all, we have 8 years to catch up on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment