Monday, September 18, 2023

Day 255: The First Day of (High) School

 You guys. It's here. 

When I started this blog, over eleven years ago, Calen was just about to start 3 year old preschool (shameless link of said blog post here). Preschool! Three day a week, two hours a day little baby school where they learned how to sit at desks at be nice to each other and maybe even colors and letters. 

Look at him. LOOK at him!!



Today? Today Calen starts High school

High school, you guys. 

How did we get here? 

The same chalkboard. It's so small!!


And not only that, to add to my misery, Camden starts middle school. 

What is happening?! Am I in the twilight zone?

Totally put the wrong year on here. It's 2023, actually. Sorry not sorry. 

School looks a lot different now than when they both started their school careers. Instead of brick and mortar public schools, we are continuing our homeschooling adventure (by choice, I ask them every year what they'd like to do). Teaching high school definitely scares the absolute
bajeebus out of me, but whatever, I can do anything (or so they tell me) so I bought a high school biology book and here we go, baby. 




We are also focusing on World War II this year, as the boys have been begging me for two solid years to do so. So, we are hitting the brutal topics of the Holocaust, the Diary of Anne Frank, and a psychology study of how the Nazi party actually had willing followers. 

Wow, that's a long way from learning colors and numbers. 

But here we are. 

It's going to be a great year!





No comments:

Post a Comment